BEST Craps Action is at Mardi Gras Casino in WV
You've never truly experienced the rush and excitement from craps until you've played at Mardi Gras Casino in WV. One of the most exciting games, craps is for the bold and the gregarious player. It's easy to find a game of craps at a casino in WV, but players seeking the biggest thrills hit Mardi Gras Casino & Resort.
Mardi Gras Casino welcomes both seasoned and inexperienced players—everyone has a blast while playing craps in our New Orleans styled casino.
This fast-moving table game may look confusing, but is easy to play knowing a few simple rules:
- Scan and analyze the table layout. Most craps tables have a double layout, with the center person or "boxman" taking the cash and supervising the game. The person sitting opposite of the boxman is called the "stickman" who uses a stick to push the dice to the shooter. On the sides of the table are two dealers who take and payoff bets. Circling the large table are the players.
- Get an idea of commonly used lingo. Typically the stickman is the person who uses the lingo using phrases, "winner 7!" when a 7 was rolled, "Comin' out, bet those hard ways" means that the next roll is coming out and that players should get ready to bet on the hard ways.
- Know your craps superstitions! Superstitious craps players will never change dice in the middle of a roll because its bad luck. Conversely throwing a penny under the table is considered to be good luck. Wonder if that's where "I found a lucky penny" came from!
THE One Casino in West Virginia with Craps and Cajun-Style
You won't find the same passion and drive at any of the other casinos in West Virginia as what you'll find at Mardi Gras. Craps may be the same worldwide, but when you play and win at Mardi Gras, you'll do it in our New Orleans atmosphere.
What makes playing craps at Mardi Gras special is:
- Your choice of restaurants—from fine dining to sports bars or quick bites
- Live entertainment while you are throwing the dice at the craps table
- Access to a first class hotel with all the amenities
For the Most Exhilarating West Virginia Gambling Experience, Visit Mardi Gras
When you seek a West Virginia gambling experience that's off the hook, come to Mardi Gras Casino & Resort. Whether your game is craps, racing, slots or poker we've got the most euphoric gambling adventure in West Virginia.
Before gambling at the West Virginia Mardi Gras Casino, consider these special craps betting tips:
- Game newbies should stick to bets that offer the lower house edge while getting used to the game
- Pass/don't pass—root for the shooter
- Come/don't come—similar to pass/don't pass, except these bets are placed on rolls instead of come out
- Free odds, which is paid off at true odds—no house edge and the only complete even bet
- Place/buy bets—place the number of chips you want on the layout and tell the dealer which number you'd like
For tips and strategy on how to play, talk to a casino host or check out our how to play page.
For more information about craps or the Mardi Gras Casino & Resort call us today at 1-800-224-9683 or e-mail us at